Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

It's Just A Question

When Alex Peterson touches people, he gets flashes of the terrible things they've done. When he admits this in a game of Truth or Dare, his friends dare him to touch the creepy neighbor, who may be a murderer.

TAKING THE DARE by Gary Jonas begins with a fascinating hook: seeing people's guilty memories, quickly followed up with rumors of a child killer in the neighborhood. For some reason, one line in particular hit me like a strobe light, so I thought I knew what would unfold, but Jonas managed to surprise me.

This is only the second story I've read by this author, but I really enjoy his writing style, so far.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment