Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Reincarnation of Lovecraft | Horror Novella Review | AstraDaemon

THE SEA WAS ANGRY by Armand Rosamilia is freaking awesome in the most horrific way. I haven't been this terrified since reading Dead Sea by Brian Keene. As soon as the shrimp boats were pulling up empty nets, I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. With each chapter, I attempted to convince myself, "It can't get any worse...," but, with every page, the author reminded me what a wicked mind he has.

I love the alternating POV between survivor groups, as well as the details of the onslaught. I admit, I went outside to admire the hill I live on, and counted the miles between my property and the local river, more than once...didn't comfort me as much as I had hoped. Rosamilia has a fantastic talent for convincing readers his monsters cannot be held in his books for much longer.

This is definitely one of Rosamilia's best horror stories!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment