Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sunday With Scribner: Tet Has Arrived

IT NEVER DIED by Joshua Scribner is the author's best story, of the 50+ stories I have read by Scribner. I read hundreds of stories every year, and it's been years since I've read anything so original. This isn't just a supernatural story, or a karma/revenge plot, this is the ultimate reincarnation tale!

Most of the action takes place at night, which jacked up the steady flow of suspense. This novella had me so on edge, I jumped when I thought I saw something come down my hallway. There are many levels within, with no clear "bad guy." I felt sorry for everyone involved.

If you only read one story from Scribner this year, make it this one.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment