Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Tarnation

MOON OVER TOMBSTONE by Carmenn Alexander King Kocznur features a couple of outlaws who have been reunited after decades of being apart. Bill notices Chester isn't looking so well and wonders why his companion travels with a coyote. Chester claims the coyote speaks to him, and he feels a change coming on.

I had no idea what to expect, no idea where the storyline would lead me, even after the appearance of a supernatural visitor about halfway through. The first half of the story seems largely unnecessary...Kocznur could easily present this as a flash fiction piece, minus the long setup.

I will admit, I very rarely read any stories with a western theme in any genre, as such, this one is not really my cup of tea. However, anyone who enjoys a justice-served theme may appreciate the ending.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment