Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, January 27, 2020

Supernatural Mystery-Thriller

BOTTLE TOSS by Howard Odentz is a very strange tale about a 17 year old boy who lives with a foster family. Denny notices sinister events unfolding around his town, after his sister's boyfriend tosses a bottle at a passing car.

I honestly thought I was reading a story about a group of pedophile werewolves who worship a goat-demon, for the longest time. Poor Denny is surrounded by so much weird activity, as well as several dysfunctional characters, I couldn't imagine what else would explain all the missing and dead people.

Odentz doesn't reveal anything, until Denny finally confesses the secret he has been keeping, at the very end. While I love this novel, I'm not particularly happy with the way some characters are dealt with. Some didn't deserve their fates, and others should have been made to suffer even more.

I also recommend WHAT WE KILL by Howard Odentz.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment