Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, January 13, 2020

MUSIC MONDAY: Jonathan Davis


BLACK LABYRINTH by Jonathan Davis is going to be my go-to reading music for 2020.

I've loved Korn for years, but when I heard Jonathan Davis do his thing on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack, I wanted him to do a solo album so very badly.

Now that he has, I hope he continues on this path. I can't get enough of his sound. I swear I play this album every day. My favorite tracks are THE SECRET, BASIC NEEDS, MEDICATE, and PLEASE TELL ME.

The blend of industrial metal with a Middle Eastern influence, the Jonathan Davis vocals and the personal lyrics...this is the direction Korn should've taken, instead of the trap crap. (See You On The Other Side was the last Korn album I enjoyed, until The Paradigm Shift, but I've pretty much given up on the band.)

I wish my local radio stations would play this album. I don't understand why Davis hasn't received more love on the airwaves. I didn't even realize he had released this album, until December 2019, when someone on YouTube told me about it. Thank gawd for the internet.

You don't need to be a Korn fan to enjoy BLACK LABYRINTH...

As always,
AstraDaemon



No comments:

Post a Comment