Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Can't Be An Ings Story...

DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE by Daniel J Ings is nothing like the author's previous stories, EASY.GONE and THE THINNING, or even PINK HANDCUFFS AND HYPNAGOGIC IMPS. Not only is the storytelling disjointed and haphazard, there are so many typos, I don't think Ings bothered to proofread the story.

The concept is great: someone using technology for demonic rituals, but the delivery is a mess. The characters are not developed at all, no backstories...nothing to provide any depth. Little to no details about the deaths, etc....very disappointing.

Ings is an author who made my Top 2019 list for my review blog, and now I don't know what to think. If I didn't know any better, I would swear this was written by a completely different person.

Skip this one, and go read Ings other stories.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment