Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Killer Loves A Dog

KUTTER by Jeff Strand has me wondering what kind of person I am, as I cared more about the dog than the women Charlie killed. Don't get me wrong, I think being a serial killer is horrible, but the guy takes such great care of Kutter, I began freaking out over the turn of events at the end of the story.

I'm not sure why so many readers consider this novella comical or dark humor. I don't think there's anything remotely funny about a guy finding his humanity through his experiences with a Boston Terrier. I can't believe I'm writing this, but Strand has mixed crime drama with psychological suspense to create a feel-good story about a murderer. W. T. F.

Please excuse me while I go hug my dog...

As always,
AstraDaemon

P.S. If you enjoy odd stories like this one, I also recommend SPECIMEN 313 by Strand.

No comments:

Post a Comment