Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Quarantined Inside Shaw's Head

PANDEMIC by Matt Shaw, "Horrors Written in Lockdown," is just that, terrifying scenarios based on real-life quarantine events. Beginning with some drabbles, the author kills off fans in several ways, as well as interjecting some dark humor.

GRETA is just messed up.

THE HOUSE GUESTS has a high creep factor.

DEATH RATTLE is depressing.

THE MORGUES WERE FULL is my favorite.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY is sinister.

THE LOCKDOWN KILLER caught me completely off guard. I'd forgotten just how vulgar and brutal Shaw's writing style can be. Not for readers who haven't read anything by Shaw yet. (I suggest trying Octopus first, to ease into his storytelling.)

I also recommend TAINTED SOULS, another Covid-19 creation co-authored by Shaw and Shaun Hutson.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment