Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Not Your Daddy's Yeti Story

FROSTBITE by Dave Jeffery is a mix of sci-fi and horror, with some crime drama sprinkled in for a little extra spice. To date, I've only read two other stories by the author, TOOTH & CLAW and A QUIET APOCALYPSE, and this is nothing like either of those stories. However, Jeffery is still a master storyteller, keeping his readers guessing from one chapter to the next.

I don't want to give anything anyway, but this isn't anything like any other Bigfoot/Yeti story I've ever read. I love the bizarre direction Jefferey ran with this iconic legend. Knowles and Sully are my new favorite fictional team, and, at the risk of sounding like an absolute freak, I hope they become more than allies.

I didn't realize until the end, this is to be continued in a sequel. I sincerely hope the author follows through.

I also recommend A QUIET APOCALYPSE by Jeffery: after an illness renders most people deaf, the hearing are hunted down to become servants for the newly hearing impaired.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment