Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Not My Preference

Fujita's Itch by Joseph Souza is a collection of three stories...the author's writing style has been evolving over the years, encompassing many genres, and these three stories represent the author's literary journey perfectly.

The first tale, Fujita's Itch, is a lengthy piece of bizarro fiction. I couldn't find anything to like about it, at all...just too damn strange for even me. The next story, The Stone Walls of Lebanon, is a brief crime drama and I loved every bit of it. Queensland, the last one, has a humorous edge to it. I can't help but wonder if there are indeed males who worry about that type of biological warfare. All in all, one diverse mix of stories.

Unfortunately, this mix lacked the intensity I've come to expect from Souza and the stories seemed kind of fluffy compared to his past work.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment