Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, December 30, 2019

Fantasy Writers Fighting Cancer


Fantasy For Good: A Charitable Anthology
edited by Richard Salter

First and foremost, the proceeds from the sales of Fantasy For Good are donated to the fight against colon cancer. This is the second in a series, following Horror For Good, and both have raised a standard for charity anthologies.

This anthology brought me back to my childhood, when I fell in love with fiction, particularly the fantasy genre. In addition to many well-known authors, readers are also introduced to many other talented writers...it's like a buffet for the imagination: sword & sorcery, fairy tales, paranormal, etc.

The number of stories within is well worth the price, and readers can feel good about giving to a charity at the same time. However, what truly impressed me is the variety and originality of each and every story. Not once was I able to predict an ending, and when you read as much as I do, that, in itself, is an amazing feat.

I recommend this anthology to readers of all ages, and if you're not a fan of the fantasy genre, you will be after reading Fantasy For Good.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment