Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Team Michael

THE DEN by Matt Shaw isn't much of a story as just a peek into the daily lives and in-fighting of the werewolves from FULL MOON. After all the action in the first book, this installment is like a fart in the wind. There is one extreme moment, which had me screaming and cursing, but the rest is just Michael brooding over Jason being the alpha. Shaw could've have easily used this as an epilogue for book one, but for less than a dollar...fair enough.

I do wish the werewolf characters were more developed though. Shaw has provided minor backstories, but their personalities are so flat, with the exception of Michael, I'm not impressed with them in human form. Michael is extremely sick and twisted, and yet I find myself rooting for him to take over the pack because Jason is coming off as a fop, and the sisters are just so bloody decadent...Michael is more likely to provide entertainment for the readers.

I've already purchased THE PACK, so I'm in this to the end.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment