Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Interview Week | Lori Titus | Horror Author | AstraDaemon

Kicking off the weekend with Lori Titus, author of BLOOD RELATIONS...



What was your first experience with the horror genre, and did that influence you as an author in anyway?


As a kid, there were a lot of horror and paranormal movies and TV shows. But when it came to literature, I think the very first scary thing I had read to me was The Raven. I always wanted to write scary things after that.

Why do you think the horror is so popular in both literature and films?

Like action, scary movies and books create their own little illicit thrills. It’s such a great way to confront our fears without getting hurt.

What do you think of the alternative sources of horror, such as Reddit’s No Sleep stories?

I love little bites of horror. All these different ways of consuming the art just makes sure that the next generation is going to keep loving horror!

What kind of horror do you prefer for your own entertainment?

I’m a lover of Gothic type horror. I’ll take the occasional slasher or zombie film too. I just need something that gives me a few jump scares.

What is your favorite kind of horror monster and why?

It’s a cross between vampires and werewolves. Maybe because they were the first monsters I loved from movies.

Do you do anything special for Halloween?

I celebrate all of October by watching every scary movie I can get my hands on. I also try to start a new scary story every October when time permits.

Name one of your horror stories you think fans should read.


Blood Relations



Special thanks to Lori Titus for returning to the Lair!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment