Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, October 8, 2021

Things Week | Wicked Woods | Horror Book Review | AstraDaemon

THE THING THAT CALLS by J.J. Mott is a collection of a dozen short stories by the author. There is a lot of variety in the themes, and the suspense is excellent. I enjoyed most of the tales, but there are few which rambled on more than necessary.

My favorite is LITTLE ONES. I don't know why, but this story gave me nightmares. When I think of all the gore, violence and grotesque abominations in the horror I've read over the years, I'm surprised Mott's forest creatures freaked me out so much. I'm going to chalk it up to his spectacular storytelling.

I highly recommend this collection to all horror fans. I'm also adding this one to my Best Fiction list for 2021.

As always,
AstraDaemon


No comments:

Post a Comment