Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, October 22, 2021

Vengeance Week | Bloody Déjà Vu | Horror Review | AstraDaemon

"Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head."
~William Shakespeare




CHEATER CHEATER
by Scott Donnelly has been revised, and will soon be a film, so I have decided to revisit this one. Un-ironically, I had previously stated, "This novella reads more like a movie script than a story."

I originally took issue with the character development, lack of backstories, and the POV changes. This time, the POV changes are easy to follow, and, while I didn't notice any significant changes concerning the characters, I still enjoyed reading this crime-thriller.

I stand by my original assessment: "If you enjoy 1980s slasher movies, you'll likely get a thrill from the mystery surrounding multiple murders."

I'm super excited about the upcoming film!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment