Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, October 25, 2019

The Dark of Knight [Interview]


I often discover new authors through Instagram. This past year, I stumbled upon K.B. Knight, author of the Greenwood series (featured in May 2019)...and I've since learned he goes hardcore at Halloween. His home decorations are better than some haunted houses I've visited.

Naturally, I needed to bring him into the Lair to discuss his work and his love of this holiday...



Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


Yes. In seventh grade my teacher, who loved reading, allowed us to write short stories for extra credit to help out grades. She loved my stories so much she signed me up in a writing competition called Young Authors Future Success. I placed third place and second place the following year. I knew someday I'd be a great writer. Fast forward some years, I read my first book, MISERY, and wanted to be S. King ever since.

Who or what has influenced your writing, particularly your choice in genre?

Stephen King, after reading Misery.

Do you prefer to write stand-alone novels or series?

That's a hard question to answer. I don't believe there is a definite one-or-the-other answer. I love stand-alone novels, but sometimes an idea is so good you simply cannot leave it at one book. Sometimes a story is so great it would tear your heart in two if you ended it on one book.
However, sometimes a story is so great it would be a crime to continue it on. You struck gold with it, leave it be; don't tarnish it with a second or third that could bomb in the worst way.
I dragged this longer than it needed to be. I guess BOTH would be my answer.

Have you ever used personal experiences or news headlines in your work?

Yes, the Greenwood Abductions… Three stories total within that book. Two of them were experiences a few members of my family and I were part of. One was from my childhood friend.

Do you plan to stick with horror, or do you see yourself writing in other genres in the future?

I don't write exclusively horror. Being a one-trick pony limits yourself and your abilities to gain fans/readers from all walks of life.
I wrote a drama book, and an apocalyptic book. I've started a fantasy fiction book a few years ago. I wrote 27 chapters in it before I placed it on the back burner...for now.

Based on your Instagram account, Halloween is your favorite holiday. Why is that? What does Halloween mean to you?

The same feeling/thrill one looks for and embrace when climbing aboard a menacing roller coaster is the one I feel with all things spooky. I was like that since the beginning of my memories.

What can readers expect from you in the next year or so?

Possibly the completion of my Greenwood Series, part two of Kelsey's Playground, and my first book of short stories.

How can fans find out more about you and your stories?
(Currently making a second Instagram page that will have nothing but my flash fiction stories)
 My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJxmCA3g2CwEOX7fvX-aabw (or type KB Knight Author in YouTube search. There you will find my audio flash fiction stories)

Thank you for stopping by!

As always,
AstraDaemon


In addition to the Nurse Blood giveaway this week, I am also giving away autographed copies of both Greenwood paperbacks. To enter, just leave a comment below. The winner will be chosen on October 27th.

2 comments:

  1. Great interview!

    The Greenwood Abductions cover really freaks me out. *shudder* Aliens are one of the things, that if they get a hold of you...you're F'd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! You'll be receiving the autographed paperbacks.

      Delete