Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Bloody Brilliant

A SUBURBAN HAUNTING by horror author Matt Shaw is absolutely one of the best ghost stories I've ever read. Everything from the setup to the changes in POV and the writing style in general is very well-done. This is definitely my favorite Shaw story, of the ones I've read. I never saw the ending coming. I couldn't have guessed, if my life depended on it...and the finale is extremely shocking.

Shaw takes a lot of grief over some of his more graphic stories, but if anyone doubts his story-telling ability, they need to read this novel. This storyline is so perfectly written, I'd love to see this book made into a film.

I'm planning to read his werewolf series before the end of year. I strongly encourage visitors to the Lair to click on the tags below, and check out the other titles by Matt Shaw.

As always,
AstraDaemon

2 comments: