Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

What If | AstraDaemon

RING THE BELL by Josie Jaffrey is a very intense dystopian short. I skipped over the author intro because I wanted to read this without any expectations. The Surge is horrifying on its own, but, as the ices fell into place, and I began to realize the real reason the race is held, I felt sick.

The author does a fantastic job of creating an allegory to convey current events in a way which emphasizes how conditioned our society has become. Jaffrey challenges readers to examine our real-life morality through the generational struggle of her characters.

Not the kind of story I usually choose, but definitely one I needed to read.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment