Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Stranger In The Room

Shadows by David M. Mannes is about a father and daughter who seem to be suffering from sleep paralysis hallucinations, until it becomes apparent that other families are suffering from the same strange visits by the short gray people. The flashback story added another great level to the mystery and the suspense reaches a truly frightening level. The ending pissed me off...an abrupt, major cliff-hanger...a number of questions left unanswered. Not sure if this story will be part of a mini-series.


When I was a little girl, I woke my mother up in the middle of the night and told her there was a monster in my bedroom. Most parents would automatically assume their child had a nightmare, but my mother, as told by her, said I look so utterly terrified, she knew with absolute certainty something was in my room.

Lo and behold, there was indeed a monster in my room, sitting on the inside windowsill. A lizard had somehow made its way past the window screen. I've had sleep paralysis and night terrors my entire life, so I'm sure that had something to do with mistaking a small lizard for a monster.

The point is, my mother believed me. However, on a separate night, when I told my dad there was a vampire in my room, he did not believe me. To this day, I've always wondered who in the hell was that man standing in my room...

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment